Lough Glendollagh, Recess, Galway
Included in the sale are the ownership of lakes, rivers, riverbank and land covering an area of 391 acres together with the fishing rights in respect of these lakes. No official fishing records have been kept as the fishing of these lakes has been restricted to family and friends of the existing owner only, but substantial numbers of game fish have been taken from the lakes during previous fishing seasons.
The lakes, lands and rivers comprise:
1. The whole of Lough Glendollagh or Garroman (204 acres).
2. Approximnately 1,500 meters of the Bealnacarra river linking Glendollagh to Lough Derryclare (heading west)
3. Approximately 500 meters of the Recess river east of Lough Glendollagh (heading east)
4. The whole of Lough Lehanagh (33 acres)
5. The whole of Lough Lehanaghbeg (79 acres)
6. Approximately 50 Acres of mountain grazing
7. Approximately 1,500 meters of frontage to the N59 Clifden to Galway Road.
8. Ruins of Recess village hall and the old Recess Hotel platform
9. Approximately 1750 meters of the Clifden to Galway railway line
10. One renovated and one derelict boathouse on Lough Glenndollagh
THE TOTAL AREA OF LAKES BEING SOLD COVERS AN AREA OF APPROXIMATELY 316 ACRES (128 HECTARES) WITH THE BALANCE BEING ACCOUNTED FOR BY LAND AND RIVERS, AS SHOWN ON THE MAP ATTACHED HERETO.
Solicitor having carriage of sale: Ciara Lennon of RDJ Solicitors, Aengus House, Long Walk, Galway
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Investment opportunity
- 391 acres in total of lakes rivers and lands
- A rare opportunity to purchase one of the finest fishing lakes in Connemara
- 50 Acres of mountain grazing
- Lough Lehanagh and Lough Lehanaghbeg
- 1750 meters of the old Galway to Clifden railway line